As a backend developer at UR, you will create the future platform for making a difference in people´s learning. Apply today!
UR (Swedish Educational Broadcasting Company) is on an exciting journey and now we want to strengthen our team with a Backend developer. We seek you with a genuine interest in society and appreciate contributing to something bigger. UR produces educational and general knowledge programs in Sweden. At UR you will make a difference and together with your skilled colleagues you will work with the products UR-Play and UR-Skola. You are also offered the opportunity to participate and develop tomorrow´s new media platform for learning through media.
At UR we want to offer you a creative and stimulating workplace. You will have great opportunities to deepen your knowledge of UR´s future products and platform. At the same time, you will have a great deal of involvement in the choice of future techniques and working methods.
We attach great importance to making you feel free to test new ideas and therefore you are encouraged to find new creative solutions. For example, we have "lab day" every other Friday, where you will have the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and be creative.
You enter an exciting stage where we focusing on new development and innovation, both in terms of techniques and working methods. You will:
- Have an important role in developing our new platform for tomorrow´s learning
- Further develop our platforms UR-Play and UR-skola which today are largely built in the framework Ruby on Rails (RoR).
- Test and implement new technologies to make UR´s products more functional and effective in learning.
- Be a part of a self-driven team that makes their own decisions and works user- and hypothesis driven.
You will be part of UR Digital which today is 20 people in 3 teams, where you will be part of the development team that today are five developers, but now aiming to become more! You will sit in newly built locations in the "SVT-house" which is centrally located at Gärdet in Stockholm.
We would like you to have at least some years of experience in backend development or system development, preferably in Ruby or equivalent language.
Also, we like you to enjoy and have interest in:
- Streaming services
- Education and learning processes
- New technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices or Cloud services.
- User- and hypothesis driven development
- Making services available to people with disabilities
- To work in cross-functional teams
We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in UR´s activities, where you want to make knowledge available to more people in Sweden. We consider it crucial that you enjoy developing solutions in close cooperation with other developers, product owners and UXs.
Most important is that you like challenges, trying out new techniques and want to develop a great product in streaming learning!