Join our growing team in Kista to develop the world’s most reliable and efficient power semiconductors based on SiC.
To meet the global market need for our innovative Silicon Carbide (SiC) products we are now expanding our R&D and production team at II-VI in Kista, Stockholm (formerly Ascatron) with a Device Quality Engineer. Here your responsibility will be to ensure the performance and quality of our unique power devices.
With knowledge in semiconductors physics and experience from electronic device testing, you will be part of our team that will change the automotive, IT, and energy sector towards a more sustainable future.
With a history as a small start-up and now part of a global tech company, we offer you an innovative environment with state-of-the-art technology. Here you will:
- Make a difference! There is no "this is how we have always done". Instead, we promote innovation, trial-and-error, and learn from every prototype, experiment, and discovery.
- Work with experienced and committed colleagues, who collaborate, share best practices, knowledge, and support each other.
- Implement research into real products that will be manufactured and sold worldwide.
- Contribute to a more sustainable future! Our SiC technology minimize energy loss in power electronic used in electric vehicles, solar energy, and industry.
You will be in charge of our device product test and qualification. Your main work tasks will be:
- Establish procedures for product qualification according to customer requirements and applicable standards at certified suppliers.
- Manage reliability and ruggedness testing during product development. This can take place in-house or be outsourced.
- Manage production quality control.
- Setup measurement procedures for in-house testing of power devices.
- Document progress reporting and instructions for example quality-, development-, and delivery reports.
- Presentations for internal and external use.
The role requires that you have experience from tests and measurements, data analysis and quality work. You are comfortable having many contact surfaces, internally and externally. You have experience of planning your work with great care and you work methodically.
You will belong to a team developing SiC power semiconductor products.
This is a full-time position, and you will report to the Team Leader Device Development.
We are looking for a person with a master´s degree in technology or Science with electronic engineering, microelectronics or engineering physics. You have a good knowledge of electronic device testing and semiconductor physics. In addition, you have several years of industrial experience working in the electronics production, and test. The position also requires the ability to define problems, collect data, confirm facts, and draw valid conclusions.
As a person, you are methodical with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. You are energetic and achieve high-quality results. You revel in project management where you can run your work independently, while at the same time appreciate teamwork to achieve common goals.