Join SEB as an analyst in the Leveraged Finance team working mainly on leveraged buyouts for financial sponsors. Apply today!
Working as Analyst Leveraged Finance and participating in SEB’s International Trainee Programme will give you a unique opportunity to develop your professional skills in a modern and innovative company.
In your role at Leveraged Finance, you will be part of a dedicated and specialised team providing advice and loans to private equity firms and corporations for leveraged buyouts to clients across SEB’s core markets. The team emphasises teamwork and collaboration believing these aspects not only contribute to success in a highly competitive market but also makes work more rewarding and fun. You will be given the opportunity to work with one of SEB´s most exciting client groups and in a dynamic and rapidly developing part of credit markets.
As a trainee at SEB you will get the opportunity to develop an extensive network, gain a deep understanding of the financial industry and be professionally and personally challenged.
We offer you:
- A nine months trainee programme, starting September 2022, designed for professional and personal development
- Real business challenges to solve with other participants in the Trainee and Tech programmes, where you can create value and make a difference for SEB´s business and organisation
- The opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (due to ongoing pandemic the amount of travel and exchanges might be affected. The Trainee programme will follow the bank´s travel policy and restrictions regarding Covid- 19.)
- After completing the program, our goal is to offer you a full-time job in the role you have been accepted for
In this trainee position you will be taking part in client meetings from day one and be involved in all main processes and tasks occurring within the Leveraged Finance team. This will give you an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge within credit markets. As an analyst you can expect to work on both managing the existing portfolio as well as participating in the team´s origination efforts. Tasks are varied and include financial modelling, assisting in credit analysis, reviewing due diligence materials and credit documentation. You will also be compiling counterparty and credit market data, preparing internal and external presentation materials and credit applications. Through the work you will be exposed to all parts of the leveraged finance value chain and gain increased responsibility of the various parts.
Clients are very demanding and M&A situations are more-often-than-not characterised by tight deadlines and rapidly changing circumstances as negotiations move forward. Competition for our products typically come from not only Nordic banks but international investment banks and direct lending credit funds. Resilience and flexibility are therefore prerequisites for a successful completion of projects.
Your future manager, Christopher Årvik, describes the work at Leveraged Finance:
" Leveraged Finance is a very dynamic field where you get the opportunity to work with clients who spearhead the development of debt financing in Europe. At the same time, you are in a prime position to observe how private equity sponsors act as investors and develop their holdings. You are constantly faced with situations that challenge you to come up with new solutions."
We are looking for you with passion for business and a changing environment. We like you to challenge us, now and for the future.
We are looking for you who:
- Have an academic degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent. It is meriting with a master´s degree as well as courses in Finance
- Have graduated before programme start or within the last five years
- It is meritorious if you have some work experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swedish
It is a plus if you have experience leading projects, working with customer service or other service areas and studying or working abroad.
You are an individual with a curious and analytical mindset, with a passion for learning as well as the drive to succeed in a high paced environment servicing sophisticated clients. You need to be a proficient communicator in both oral and written language since you will be involved in work such as documentation, presentation and networking with both colleagues and external stakeholders.
Welcome to SEB!