Interested in financial markets, trading and stock-market? Apply to the trainee position within Equities Execution at SEB!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited to Equities Execution right from the start. Equities Execution is a fast-paced and international environment where you will be a team member working on the trading floor at SEB. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to expand your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
As a trainee at Equities Execution, you will deepen your knowledge within the financial markets and particularly the stock-market. During the Trainee Programme you will work at the sales desk, the trading desk and monitoring at the electronic desk. Every day starts with a news up-date at the screen, morning meetings with equities analytics and macro analytics. Your tasks will develop during the trainee programme and you will get the chance to grow into a role that suits your interests and your personality.
This is a trainee position where you will get a good overview and an overall knowledge of the different roles on the trading floor. You will have the possibility to immerse yourself within the areas you are most interested in - do you prefer a sales role or rather a trader role where you take positions in stocks?
The Trading department will be your home unit throughout the trainee programme. Together with your personal tutor you will design a tailor-made learning journey that will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Jonas Krepp, describes the work in Equities Execution:
"The work at Equities Execution is fun, competitive, challenging, personally rewarding and wide reaching - all with a focus on top notch clients."
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken English
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
In this role you work closely with colleagues and clients, therefore a cooperative and relationship focused behaviour is crucial. We believe that you are curious and pay attention to details since you will be analysing and extracting crucial information about the financial market.