Do you want to develop SEB´s future strategy and offering to private customers? Apply to the trainee position Business Developer!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited to a specific position - Business Developer within Personal Banking - right from the start. This is an exciting area where we constantly strive to develop our concepts in order to meet our customers´ needs. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to extend your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
In Business Development within Personal Banking our main focus is to identify organisational needs and to implement changes and developments. You will work as Business Developer, a creative role where you will have the opportunity to take on great responsibility and to be part of shaping SEB´s strategy and offering – right from the start.
In this role you will work in projects, sometimes as project manager, sometimes as member or as sounding board. You will have a variety of assignments, for example develop, create and design offers for segments such as young adults. This can also include analysing, to price them and initiate implementation. Another area you might work with is to improve our customers´ digital experience.
You will get an extensive network from close collaboration with colleagues, other departments, support functions and top management.
Personal Banking Offering & Strategy will be your home department throughout the trainee programme. Together with your personal tutor you will design a tailor-made learning journey that will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Håkan Andersson, describes the work in Business Development, Personal Banking:
"Like solving a Rubik´s cube, the work in Personal Banking demands split-vision and the ability to understand a situation from various perspectives. Our work can be challenging since we need to consider both details and the overall picture – always with the customer in mind. We promote growth and self-development. You will be given a lot of responsibility and be surrounded by experienced and supportive colleagues that help stimulate your development."
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in Finance, Economics, IT, Engineering, Behavioural Science or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken Swedish and English
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad. It is also a plus if you have studied design thinking or service design.
To blossom in this position, we believe that you are an innovative problem solver who is efficient in finding simple and practical solutions for our customers. Teamwork is very essential for us and you need be able to contribute in the best possible way to a harmonious team. Also you need the ability to set, drive and reach high goals together with your colleagues.