Engineer within the Component Test Development to II-VI at Järfälla in Sweden
Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-growing and world-leading company in optical communications and sensors? We develop and manufacture advanced optoelectronic integrated circuits (semiconductor lasers and modulators) for data rates in the hundreds of Gbit/s. Do you have previous experience in the design and development of optical components? As a development engineer with us at II-VI (two-six, former Finisar), you get the opportunity to work at a company with the entire production and development chain, from semiconductor substrate to finished test product. Welcome to a company with unique technical expertise, nice and committed colleagues and a strong and positive future.
II-VI´s practice is to treat every employee as a responsible person, where together we develop a spirit of teamwork in order to achieve a common goal. We offer you an important role in a forward-looking company operating within a global market. In our knowledge-intensive R&D team, consisting of engineers and scientists, you will work with experienced and committed colleagues, in an international, high-tech environment, where technology is at the forefront.
Your main responsibilities:
- Algorithm development for the automated control and characterization of our optoelectronic components from development through to manufacture.
- Design and planning of new test sets.
- Continuous review, improvement and formal implementation of control, characterization and verification related updates in accordance with the requirements throughout the component development and manufacturing phase such as:
- Specification changes
- Algorithm / software enhancements / debug
- Support for newly installed process units
- Reduction of test times
- Preparation and updating of all current documentation for all software development in the test projects.
- Contribute continuous knowledge transfer to other group members on relevant technical topics, such as software development concepts, reuse of libraries, optical component properties, etc.
You work with several parallel development projects which place a high value on the successful delivery of algorithms, automation and test system control within our software applications. Also important is the ability to transfer knowledge and to develop and maintain internal and external contacts.
We are looking for you who have a master´s or doctoral degree in technology or science with a focus on software development, optoelectronics, electronics or physics. You have solid experience of software development in an object-oriented programming language, eg. C# , C++ or Java. You have knowledge in the design of algorithms and optical communication / semiconductors. Furthermore, the role requires that you have some experience in numerical methods and processing via software tools such as Matlab, JMP or Python, for example. You are fluent at English in both speech and writing.
To be successful in the role you have to be responsible, self-driven and demonstrate initiative. You are used to working in complex projects, systematically and towards set goals. You are quality conscious, creative and innovative and find solutions both inside and outside the traditional approaches. In order to thrive, you should also be interested in development issues, world-wide monitoring of the latest in new technology and innovation. You have a good communicative ability, are good at networking and creating good relationships.