Are you a Mechanical Engineer and like mechanical analysis and innovation projects? Apply to our R&D team in Gothenburg!
Do you want to help us promote a healthy planet for future generations? In our company you will work with analysis and perform tasks across projects to support and develop design for the Marine Industry. We are now looking for an experienced mechanical engineer who will strengthen our R&D team, are you our future colleague?
The company’s mission is to provide technologies to enable a greener maritime industry and the company is working strategically to extend the product portfolio and develop technologies in the intersection between green and maritime.
We offer an opportunity to be part of a market leading innovative global company in front of green technology for ships, with strong growth. An open and inspiring environment where your energy will make a difference. We provide great potential for personal and professional development.
Attracting the best industry candidates remains a key focus for us to continue the journey as a market leader. The driving force is to develop state-of-the-art technology for emission control for the maritime industry. Let´s make the world a greener place! Welcome to Yara Marine Technologies.
- Perform related calculations such as stress, vibration, thermal and buckling
- Perform analysis tasks across projects to support and develop design
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues in mechanical engineering department in Gothenburg
- Ensure that product design and performance meet technical and functional requirements
- Technical support for both development of the new solutions and delivery projects within R&D
- Contact with suppliers and participate in customer meetings
- Collaborate with manufacturers regarding production adaptations of our technical solutions
- Participate in onboard vessels tests of different designs and concepts, perform studies on current systems
- Produce method and production descriptions
You will be part of our R&D team which today focuses on innovation projects and operation performance. The team is located in both Oslo and Gothenburg and you will report to the R&D Manager. The role also includes trips to Oslo and visits to suppliers / manufacturers and our shipyards in Asia and Europe.
Yara Marine has a modern office located in Gothenburg with good connections to public transportation. The company operates internationally and uses English as company language.
- Extensive experience in Mechanical engineering, preferably from relevant industry
- University degree in the Mechanical field
- Experience in the use of FEM for linear stress and vibration analysis.
- Good report writing and communication skills.
- Experience of mechanical engineering, proposals and projects.
- The working language is English, so you need to be fluent in speech and writing
- An advantage is if you have experience from scrubbers or from a process or marine industry
As a person, we see that you promote a stable and trust-building work atmosphere. You have a good ability to analyse complex issues and make rational assessments to drive your work forward. You enjoy working to create new solutions in an innovative environment. The role includes contact with external key stakeholders as well as supporting colleagues and therefore we also see that you have a strong communicative and collaboration ability and enjoy sharing knowledge, experience and information.