Join our team at II-VI as an EPI Process Engineer to develop the next generation of Silicon Carbide (SiC) semiconductors.
To meet the global market need for our innovative SiC products we are now expanding our R&D and production team at II-VI in Kista, Stockholm (formerly Ascatron). Here you will transform the electronic industry by developing and producing our advanced SiC epitaxy material technology.
As an EPI Process Engineer you will work with semiconductor process technology. Your daily enthusiastic contribution, knowledge and ideas will help us change the automotive, IT, and energy sectors for a more sustainable future.
With a history as a small start-up and now part of a global tech company, we offer you an innovative environment with state-of-the-art technology. Here you will:
- Make a difference! There is no "this is how we have always done". Instead, we promote innovation, trial-and-error, and learn from every prototype, experiment, and discovery.
- Work with experienced and committed colleagues, who collaborate, share best practices, knowledge, and support each other.
- Implement research into real products that will be manufactured and sold worldwide.
- Contribute to a more sustainable future! Our SiC technology minimizes energy loss in power electronics used in electric vehicles, solar energy, and industry.
See more vacancies at: https://www.tng.se/ingenjorsjobb-ii-vi-stockholm/
Your main responsibility as an EPI Process Engineer will be to develop and operate the SiC Epitaxy material production process on site. This means:
- Maintenance of the SiC epitaxy equipment.
- Optimization of the SiC epitaxy processes.
- Operation of the epitaxy fabrication process, including the handling of chemicals, and gases.
- Characterization of material properties.
- Evaluation of operation parameters, measurement data, and material quality.
- Development and operation of other related material fabrication processes, for example, CMP.
- Document progress reporting and instructions, for example, quality-, development-, and delivery reports.
The role requires that you work on-site at our lab located in Kista outside Stockholm. Here you will operate the material production process, develop and improve current workflows, new equipment, analyze, and enhance the current setup in the factory.
You will collaborate daily with engineers and technicians in disciplines such as Design, Operations, Test, Quality and Reliability, and Project Management. This is a full-time position and you will report to the Team Leader of the EPI Production and work in two shifts.
To be successful in this role you must be methodical, analytical, meticulous and a problem solver. You are a team player who enjoy hands-on work as well as have a strong sense of quality consciousness.
We are looking for someone with a master´s degree in Technology or Science in nanotechnology, material science, inorganic chemistry, or engineering physics. You have knowledge of semiconductor process technology and material characterization. It is an advantage if you have experience working in a semiconductor clean-room, laboratory or industrial production.