Are you an experienced Engineering Manager and want to lead our engineering department? Apply to our team in Gothenburg!
As an Engineering Manager at Yara Marine Technologies, you will be heading a broad scope of engineering disciplines; Mechanical, Process, Automation and Electrical. With a focus on quality and development, you will lead the team to find, develop and document effective solutions.
Yara Marine Technologies’ mission is to provide technologies to enable a greener maritime industry and the company is currently extending its product portfolio and developing technologies in the intersection between green technology and maritime.
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a market leading, innovative and global company focused on green technologies for commercial vessels. In an open and inspiring environment your contribution can make a difference. We provide great potential for personal and professional development. Attracting the best candidates is a key focus for us in order to continue to develop and grow the company. Our driving force is to develop state-of-the-art green technologies for the maritime industry. Let´s make the world a greener place! Welcome to Yara Marine Technologies.
- Leading and developing a team of engineering experts, bringing the area to the next level
- Responsible for the management of personnel and resources
- Securing a strategy to structure the needs of daily operations in balance with long term opportunities
- Be involved in daily activities in the engineering teams to adapt and establish best practice for our technical department, striving to achieve excellent results in all technical disciplines including quality assurance, risk management, product development, and proper documentation
- Being a mentor for the team, supporting and continuously promoting the growth of colleagues´ professional skills
- Executing strong and clear ownership of technical solutions and following up on the implementation of these
- Provide technical guidance and direction, ensure results are reported back from the field and support project management
- Managing and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring and responsible for adequate reporting to top Management and other stakeholders
The current engineering disciplines include Mechanical, Process, Automation and Electrical. Your team will consist of around 30 people and in a managing role, you will focus on bringing all disciplines together. The role reports to the COO. You find us in a modern office located in Gothenburg with good connections to public transportation. Yara Marine Technologies operates internationally, and the role also includes business travel to suppliers/manufacturers and shipyards in Asia and Europe.
We will start our selection process immediately and interviews will start with Yara Marine Technologies in the beginning of 2021. Please make sure to submit your CV in English.
- Proven strong management- and leadership skills
- University degree in the Technical/Mechanical field, or comparable education
- Extensive experience and knowledge in Technical/Mechanical engineering from site/field or operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Structured, self-going, result oriented and a customer centric mindset is a must
- High focus on excellence, best practice and quality, including root cause analysis and technical documentation
- Experience from marine industry is an advantage
The company language is English, so you must be fluent in speech and writing. As a person, we see that you promote a stable and trust building work atmosphere. With a supportive leadership, you will challenge, mentor and be a discussion partner for your team.
In addition, you have the ability to analyze complex issues and make rational assessments in order to drive work forward. You follow a clear vision, strategy, and work across departments with good collaboration and support. You enjoy working to find and create new solutions in an innovative environment where you achieve great results.