This is a unique opportunity for you who share our passion for the future of open banking and IT development with Java.
Kick-start your tech career by joining SEB´s Tech Programme! As a fresh graduate, or young in your IT tech profession, you’ll have a unique opportunity to develop into a tech specialist at one of the largest IT-employers in Sweden.
You are recruited to a specific position - Java Developer in Accounts & Payments Channels - right from the start. An exciting area where you will join a senior development team that strives to meet the future expectations of Open Banking with modern technology and working methods. You will also have the opportunity to build a valuable network, engaging in cross collaboration activities, help us solve real business challenges and have a really fun job where you can develop within the tech profession. Not bad, right?
Welcome with your application!
At SEB, we embrace innovative ideas and digital solutions that make life easier for our customers. We constantly adopt our ways of working to meet tomorrow´s challenges. We create opportunities for development and we always want our employees to feel appreciated, included and committed. If you have the ambition, we will give you the tools to succeed.
- A six months career programme within IT tech, designed for professional and personal development
- Real business challenges where you can make a real difference for the SEB business and organisation
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your specific position:
As a Java Developer you will get a deep understanding of the core functions in the banking industry as well as contributing to the delivery of top notch IT services to our customers. You will be a part of a senior cross-functional development team that shares knowledge and passion for modern solution development. Together we will innovate in Java, Angular and other exciting technologies in an agile way of working with Continuous delivery.
From day one, you are recruited to a role as Java Developer at the division Business Support and Accounts & Payments Channels, which will be your home department. You will get a good understanding and learn important things about the banking industry in close collaboration with our business units and customers.
About SEB´s Tech Programme:
This is an ambitious programme, aiming to find new specialists who will contribute to the development of SEB and become real gurus for the future.
- You will start your six months programme in September 2019 with around twelve other young IT professionals
- The programme has three major parts: learning your new professional role, participation in projects cross SEB and training sessions with participants in the programme as well as from the Trainee programme.
- The projects are real business challenges and cross-collaborative activities, where you will solve problems, gain knowledge and contribute to SEB´s business development.
- Curious about the other positions in the programme? You can find them all here: https://www.tng.se/seb-it-tech-program
We are looking for people who are passionate about IT tech and curious about working in a bank. And we need you to help and challenge us! We know the importance of staying ahead and to achieve greatness you might fail a few times first. With us you have a great opportunity to make a difference! To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others.
Your future manager, Daniel Belovic, describes the work in Accounts & Payments Channels:
"Do you share our interest in finding solutions for the future within Open Banking – then this is the position for you! You will be a part of a senior cross-functional team with high technical knowledge where the focus is on delivering a top notch service, software craftsmanship and continuous learning".
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- An academic degree in Finance, Economics, IT, Engineering, Behavioural Science or equivalent.You have graduated or will soon graduate and may have some work experience.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have acquired experience through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
You are innovative and curious about new technology and ways of working to create new standards. As part of a team of developers and technical experts, one of your key qualities is your ability to be a great team player who understands the value of good collaboration and communication.