Are you interested in the financial market and tech? Apply to the role as a Java Developer for Foreign Exchange within Trading!
Kick-start your tech career at SEB by joining SEB’s Tech Programme! As a fresh graduate, or early in your IT tech profession, you will have a unique opportunity to develop into a tech specialist at one of the largest IT-employers in Sweden.
You are recruited to a specific position as a Java developer within Trading right from the start. This is an area where we work with global FX-Trading, a market under constant change. You will also have the opportunity to build a valuable network, engaging in cross collaboration activities, help us solve real business challenges and have a really fun job where you can develop within the tech profession. Not bad, right?
Welcome with your application!
At SEB, we embrace innovative ideas and digital solutions that make life easier for our customers. We constantly adopt our ways of working to meet tomorrow´s challenges. We create opportunities for development and we always want our employees to feel appreciated, included and committed. If you have the ambition, we will give you the tools to succeed.
- A six months career programme within IT tech, designed for professional and personal development
- Real business challenges where you can make a real difference for the SEB business and organisation
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your specific position:
In this position you will get the opportunity to learn about the global FX-market and work in an agile environment. You will work closely with stakeholders within our business to successfully bring value and speed into SEB´s solutions. You will be a part of a senior and cross functional Java development team with broad expertise within both Trading and Tech. You can expect an exciting workday where you are innovative with modern tech, API´s and ways of working together.
From day one, you are recruited to a role as a Java Developer in the division Business Support and ISD Trading, E-markets Dev team, which will be your home department. You will get a good understanding and learn important things about the banking industry in close collaboration with our business units and customers.
About SEB´s Tech Programme:
The tech programme is an ambitious programme, aiming to find new specialists that will contribute to the development of SEB and become real gurus for the future.
- You will start your six months programme in September 2019 with around twelve other tech professionals
- The programme has three major parts: learning your new professional role, participation in projects cross SEB and training sessions with participants in the programme as well as from the Trainee programme.
- The projects are real business challenges and cross-collaborative activities, where you will solve problems, gain knowledge and contribute to SEB´s business development.
- Curious about the other positions in the programme? You can find them all here: https://www.tng.se/seb-it-tech-program
We are looking for people who are passionate about IT tech and curious about working in a bank. And we need you to help and challenge us! We know the importance of staying ahead and to achieve greatness, you might fail a few times first. With us you have a great opportunity to make a difference! To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others.
Your future manager, William Jonsson, describes the work in FX-Trading:
"FX-trading is an area where you constantly need to be updated with both business and IT changes. Since our environment is continuously developing and changing, we work very close with our business to overcome hurdles, adapting to changes and daring to try new things. This is what I think makes the job fun!"
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- An academic degree in IT, Engineering or equivalent.
- You have graduated or will soon graduate and may have some work experience.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and Swedish.
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have acquired experience through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
You are curious to learn more about both FX-markets and the development new technology in this area. We believe that you have strong communication skills since you will interact a lot with stakeholders from the business.