Are you an experienced Engineer with skills in design and construction of complex projects? Apply to our team in Gothenburg!
Do you want to be involved in the development of a completely new product, which has never been developed before anywhere in the world? When the completed product with fine-tuned racing technology is mounted on a vessel, you will be one of a handful of people in the world who knows everything about it!
We are now looking for a Tech Engineering Lead who will strengthen our Engineering department and help us promote a healthy planet for future generations.
We offer an opportunity to be part of a market leading global company focused on green technologies for ships. In an open and inspiring environment your contribution can make a difference. We provide great potential for personal and professional development. Attracting the best candidates is a key focus for us in order to continue to develop and grow the company. Our driving force is to develop modern green technologies for the maritime industry. Let´s make the world a greener place! Welcome to Yara Marine Technologies.
The Tech Engineering Lead is responsible to manage cross-discipline engineering activities in projects. You will act as a team leader in the project for colleagues within the disciplines; mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, automation, and technical documentation.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure project is delivered according to given technical standards
- Support that all rights and responsibilities within the contract are respected and followed
- Management of change orders within the project
- Execute and/or participate in negotiations with customer and suppliers
- Create time schedules for various activities and follow up
- Participate in various global design reviews and analysis (MFMEA, DFMEA)
- Develop test procedures and support quality engineers on supplier site (mainly from the office)
- Assist in developing technical specifications for supplier and sales contracts
- Ensure and maintain good customer and supplier relations
- The position requires travel activity to participate in meetings and other activities
We are in the start-up phase of the project and your main focus will initially be to creating internal and external networks.
You will on a daily basis work close to our Technical Manager and design engineers across the different disciplines and have close collaboration with dedicated Project Manager to drive the project forward. You report to the Head of Engineering.
You find us in a modern office located in Gothenburg with good connections to public transportation. Yara Marine Technologies operates internationally so the position also includes business travel to suppliers/manufacturers in England, Europe and Asia.
- Experience in shipping, offshore, or other relevant industry with multi-discipline technical tasks
- Experience in working with technical project management, design, and construction of complex projects
- Higher technical education within relevant fields (BSc. or MSc. in Engineering)
- Experience within contract handling and coordinating with a high number of contact areas
- Communication experience working with purchasing, manufacturing, and testing of complex products
- Leadership skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relations to drive the project forward together with key stakeholders
- Good ability to communicate, especially in English - both verbal and written
As a person, you are proactive with a strong ability to identify the project´s needs. You enjoy working in an open environment where you have the opportunity to influence and find new working structures in order to drive the project and organization forward. You prefer to work in a position where you can use your solution-oriented ability and making decisions to reach results and deadlines.
Since you will manage and lead cross disciplines within the project as well as ensure good customer relations, we see that you have a strong ability to motivate your colleagues and represent the company in a professional manner.