Interested in the business of SEB’s largest clients? Apply for the trainee position as Analyst with COO Functions at SEB!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited as an Analyst to the common COO Functions within the division Large Corporates & Financial Institutions (LC & FI). The COO Functions with its international scope is responsible for central units including Legal, Credit Analysis, Business Compliance, Governance and Administration. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as to have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
From day one you will work as an Analyst with the common COO Functions, which will be your home unit throughout the trainee programme. You and your personal tutor will design a tailor-made journey which will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
COO Functions is a great entry point for understanding and learning more about how the bank engages with its Large Corporate & Financial Institutions (LC&FI) clients and the full range of commercial and investment banking services that these clients rely on. You will be a part of a high-performing team in an international environment where you will be able to expand your network while working with senior decision makers in the bank.
Throughout the Trainee Programme you will be involved in strategic projects co-working with the Head of Staff Functions and other team members of the COO management team. You will receive expert training in analysing large corporate and financial institution clients, structuring of financial agreements and other core banking skills.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Magnus McNeill, describes the work in COO Functions:
"The trainee position will allow you to work in complex projects with a strategic focus while expanding your knowledge about all aspects of SEB and its work with large corporates and financial institutions. It´s a great entry point to further develop within Large Corporates & Financial Institutions at SEB."
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Legal, IT, Engineering, Behavioural Science or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken English
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
In this position you will be analysing data from different sources of information, which requires analytical and quantitative skills with a genuine interest in financial markets. We believe you are communicative, goal oriented and with the ability to manage multiple tasks. Furthermore, you are highly motivated by delivering top notch performance. Also you are proactive and thrive with increased responsibility.