Interested in learning more about trading and financial markets? Apply to the SEB trainee position within FX Trading!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited to FX Trading right from the start, an area with high activity where we operate in an international environment influeced by financial and political settings. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to expand your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
As a trainee within Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading you will deepen your knowledge in the financial markets in general and currency markets in specific. You will get a good overview and knowledge of the various products within FX and be active in the trading of various currency instruments. You will start your day by attending morning meetings to get the analysis of the latest news. You will also collect a lot of information and news on your own. Depending on your area of interest you have the possibility to expand your work tasks and develop in this role.
From day one the FX Trading department will be your home unit throughout the trainee programme. Together with your personal tutor you will design a tailor-made learning journey that will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Stefan Daberius, describes the work in department FX Trading:
"You will be working in the center of the leading FX Trading operation in the Nordics. Here you will get a feeling for all aspects of managing risk in a trading environment, including different FX instruments and working with data and our algorithmic risk management."
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in Finance, Economics, IT, Engineering or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken English
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
You will work in a competitive but supportive environment where everyone is motivated by good results. To thrive as a trainee within FX Trading we therefore see that you are result-driven, structured and self-motivated. You need to stay updated on relevant news therefore a curious mind and an urge to deepen your knowledge is important.