Interested in analysis and risk assessment? Apply for this SEB trainee position as a Risk and Profitability Analyst!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited as a Risk and Profitability Analyst at Risk and Capital Management - right from the start. This is an exciting area where we work with a wide range of risk assessment: credit risk, operational risk and capital management. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to expand your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
From day one, you will work as a Risk and Profitability Analyst within Risk and Capital Management, which will be your home unit throughout the trainee programme. Together with your personal tutor you will design a tailor-made learning journey that will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
As Risk and Profitability Analyst, you will work with credit risk and capital management and also become familiar with our third main area; operational risk. We analyse the capital needs and propose initiatives to optimise the capital use through forecasts, monitoring and reporting risk. The data you will work with consists to a great extent of mortgage and corporate loans. Through this work you will obtain insight with various financial regulations such as BASEL, IRK and AMA.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Peter Lundvall, describes the work in Risk and Capital Management:
"Risk and Capital Management is not only crucial for the bank but also a complex area where you learn to apply theoretical concepts in practice."
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in Finance, Economics, IT, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken English and Swedish
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
Since the daily work at Risk and Capital Management means working with large amounts of data, you need analytical skills and an interest in mathematics. Team work is essential, we collaborate internally and with colleagues from other units for example Group Risk. In this role you need to take own initiatives as well as to take responsibility for your own work.