Interested in creating new solutions for our Private Banking clients? Apply for SEB’s trainee position as Business Developer!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited as a Business Developer within Private Banking - right from the start. This is a function where we aim to develop SEB´s concepts for meeting the Private Banking customer´s needs in a professional, sophisticated and modern way. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to expand your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
Business Development within Private Banking is an exciting area mainly focused on identifying and developing new solutions to enhance the SEB experience for our high net worth customers. You will be a part of a department focusing on four specific areas - offers, advisory process, pricing & profitability as well as IT & process development.
In your position as a Business Developer you will create new tailor-made offers and plan how to implement them. The offers could be for example new digital and simplified advisory tools or development of a concept for future meeting points in this customer segment. As a Business Developer you will to a large extent focus on analysing the needs of the business and the customer. To succeed in this role, you will have various contacts with different departments and management teams in SEB. Together with your personal trainee tutor you will design a tailor-made journey which will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Josefin Eklund, describes the work in Business Development:
"This is a unit that always focus on customer value. The high-net-worth customer is an appealing segment and in this position, you will work in an established business, developing for the future and have the mandate to influence results. Our work is challenging, complex and extremely satisfying."
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in Finance, Economics, IT, Engineering, Behavioural Science or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken Swedish and English
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
Since you will be working in a developing role, we believe that you are curious, innovative and always striving to find new solutions. We also believe that you have good social skills and get along well with others. In addition, you are eager to learn, like to get involved and take responsibility for your assignments.