Apply for this SEB trainee position if you are ready to take part in a fast and exciting digital journey in Private Banking!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited to a specific position - Investment Communication Analyst - right from the start. An attractive area offering financial services to high net worth individuals and foundations. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to expand your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
As an Investment Communication Analyst in Private Banking you will be involved in work tasks ranging from investment analysis to preparing presentations and meeting our customers.
You will focus on developing the digital communication of SEB´s investment offering using BI tools and drawing conclusions from customer and business data. In this position you are also the initiator of IT related projects. You will contribute to your team´s increased use of data driven solutions to establish investment offerings that best fulfil the needs of our customers. You will also have the opportunity to expand the scope and diversity of the investment portfolio.
From day one you will work as an Investment Communication Analyst within the analysing function of Investment Strategy in Private Banking, which will be your home unit throughout the trainee programme. Together with your personal tutor you will design a tailor-made learning journey that will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Fredrik Johansson, describes the work in Private Banking:
"It´s a dynamic team with various specialists who share a strong drive to deliver the best possible investment solutions to our high-net-worth clients. Financial markets are constantly changing and the key is to find and match opportunities with client needs and easily explain what to do and why."
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree (bachelor or more) in any area within business, statistics, behavioural science or similar
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken English
- you have some knowledge in programming languages like SQL or Python, alternatively you have a strong interest to learn programming related to the analysis of data
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and have studied/worked abroad."
You have great social skills and believe in collaboration to achieve more. You are also highly motivated and seek to continuously develop your competence. Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability is very important in this role since the work includes analysing of data to find the best solutions.