Apply here for an exciting trainee position as an Analyst at Group Financial Management within Group Treasury at SEB in Stockholm!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited as an Analyst within Group Financial Management, GFM. GFM is a department within Group Treasury, a central part of the bank, with responsibility for SEB’s strategic balance sheet management as well as capital and liquidity planning. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to expand your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
From day one, you will become an Analyst at the department Group Financial Management, which will be your home unit throughout the trainee programme. Together with your personal tutor you will design a tailor-made learning journey that will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
Group Financial Management is responsible for ensuring the correct usage of SEB´s financial resources taking into account return requirements and regulatory requirements. You can expect to gain an in-depth understanding of a wide array of topics important for a large bank. You are recruited as an Analyst within the Project Management team, where you will participate in developing recommendations for the structure of the bank´s balance sheet. In addition, you will work with annual deliverables on stress-testing and the recovery and resolution planning of SEB. Your work will also involve follow-up of the bank´s financial development, work across teams within Group Treasury on capital and liquidity-related issues whilst analysing and proposing improvements from a capital and profitability perspective.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Tomas Prenker, describes the work in Group Financial Management:
"GFM works closely with all divisions and other units such as Group Finance and the Risk organisation in proposing and designing strategies to meet SEB´s goals. You will interact directly with senior managers in the bank and contribute to important decision making. This is the ´think tank´ of SEB."
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken English and Swedish
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
You will be part of an including team appreciating a humble and professional approach. It is important that you have an analytical mindset, eagerness to learn, attention to details and an interest in banking and the financial markets in order to be successful.