Do you have an interest in modelling, financial mathematics and analysis? Then apply here for this trainee position at SEB!
As a trainee with SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited as a Quantitative Market Risk Analyst, right from the start. This is a central area in the bank where we are responsible for the independent market risk modelling and analysis across all units in SEB. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to expand your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
As a Quantitative Market Risk Analyst you will provide the whole organisation with solid and sustainable risk models. You will be a key player in a committed quant team working with analysis on both aggregated division level within SEB and performing in-depth risk analysis in the different trading areas. In your daily work you will develop current risk calculations, measurements and tools as well as focus on the more strategic future infrastructure for the market risk area. You will be the one driving the development of a new model - from initiative to implementation. You will also collaborate with stakeholders and partners, for example within Large Corporate and Financial Institutions, IT department, Group Risk, Group Treasury and Group Function.
From day one, you will work as a Quantitative Market Risk Analyst at Group Risk, which will be your home unit throughout the trainee programme. Together with your personal tutor you will design a tailor-made learning journey that will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and including communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Stefan Hermansson, describes the work in the department Market Risk Modelling as:
"This is a complex and progressive area where we work with innovation labs to go beyond the set frames and create new solutions. The only way to succeed is to dare to fail!"
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken English
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
You are passionate about analysis and good at drawing conclusions based on complex data. Adding to this, you also like responsibility and have the capability to structure your work in a long-lasting and efficient way. Since you will collaborate with colleagues at other departments in long-term projects, we believe that you are cooperative and a patient team player.