Are you passionate about statistics, modelling and analysis? Then apply here for the trainee position as Risk Analyst at SEB!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited to a specific position - Risk Analyst with the Credit Risk unit - right from the start. A challenging area where we develop new models for risk measurement of banking products. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to expand your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
You will be a part of the Credit Risk unit within Group Risk during your trainee programme. This department creates and develops new models and methods for measuring risks and optimising capital. You will mainly work in projects with focus on different issues and solutions. The daily tasks include for example creating and adjusting models based on new regulations for credit decisions, current pricing and stress testing product portfolios.
From day one, you will work as a Risk Analyst in the Group Risk department, which will be your home unit throughout the trainee programme. Together with your personal tutor you will design a tailor-made learning journey that will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Anders Jönsson, describes the work in Credit Risk:
"This unit is a very central part of SEB and our processes and models determine a large part of the capital. We are in one sense the backbone of the bank and we challenge ourselves every day to ensure a favourable outcome."
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Programming or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken English
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
The major part of your daily work will consist of processing large amounts of data and details, which is why we are looking for a detail oriented and analytical person. The job requires diligence in screening material and regulations. You are self-motivated and thrive with increased responsibility.