Interested in developing IT architecture? Apply to SEB´s trainee position as Solution Architect in Stockholm!
As a trainee in SEB’s International Trainee Programme you will have a unique opportunity to develop an extensive network and a deep understanding of banking and finance as well as being professionally and personally challenged.
You are recruited as Solution Architect within IT Solution Delivery (ISD) Trading. This area is complex and close to the business and we have the ability to influence, improve and create business value and customer benefits. You will get an in-depth knowledge of SEB, as well as an option to expand your programme with one month international internship abroad. You will also have the opportunity to influence the content of your trainee programme based on your ambitions and role. Sounds great, right?
Welcome with your application!
SEB strives to be a workplace that attracts and retains people who want to grow and develop with us, and enjoy helping our customers achieving their goals. We create opportunities for development and want our employees always to feel appreciated, included and committed.
- A nine months trainee programme, designed for professional and personal challenges
- Opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (personal option)
- Full-time employment with market salary and access to SEB´s employee benefits
Your trainee position:
ISD Trading is a fast paced and exciting area where you, together with your colleagues, will maintain, improve and create new solutions for IT systems used by the traders at Markets. This is a department responsible for the strategic IT development where you as a Solution Architect will work with SEB´s architecture and IT landscape.
Your daily work is agile, and you can expect a broad and developing role in which the combination of technical knowledge and ability to drive change is central. Some days you will work on long-term projects and other days you will need to solve ad hoc problems. Furthermore, a big part of your role is to network with other architects and to expand your knowledge within the organisation.
From day one, you will work as a Solution Architect at ISD Trading, which will be your home unit throughout the trainee programme. Together with your personal tutor you will design a tailor-made learning journey that will include everything from product development to field trips and practical work in units at both the home division and other SEB divisions.
About the International Trainee Programme:
- The trainee programme consists of three main parts: common SEB courses, individual development, cross collaboration activities and on-the-job training.
- The common courses are divided into blocks and include communication & negotiation skills, agile way of working and personal development & self-awareness.
- Exchanges with other units in and outside your home country will be a natural part of the trainee programme.
- You also have the option to add a month´s internship abroad after the main programme.
- You will start the programme in September 2019 together with around twenty other trainees.
- Curious about the other positions? Find them here: https://www.tng.se/seb-trainee-program
We are looking for people who want to disrupt and help us with our digital transformation. There are many new players in the field of banking and we need to be quick on our feet and challenge ourselves daily. Here you have a great opportunity to make a difference!
To enjoy working at SEB you are passionate, humble and possess a potential and desire to lead yourself and others. Our vision is to deliver world class service and therefore we look for committed and customer driven people who collaborate and strive for simplicity.
Your future manager, Björn McHugh, describes the work in ISD Trading:
"At ISD Trading, your solutions will have practical impact on the daily work for the traders at Markets. Today, digitalisation and IT are becoming the bank´s core business and in fact, SEB is no longer just a bank, it is more like an IT company with a banking license. If you want to be a part of that exciting evolution - this is the trainee position for you!"
We will provide you with everything we can for you to get a kick-start career in SEB. In return, we ask for this:
- an academic degree in System Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent
- you are, or soon to be, graduated and have some work experience
- fluent in written and spoken English
It is not a requirement but a plus if you have experience acquired through leading projects, have worked within customer service or other service areas and studying/working abroad.
You are interested in both the details and how they affect the broader picture as your focus will shift between current needs and long-term improvements in architecture. Since you will have different contacts in your daily work, we also appreciate you being a team player. You are also curious about new technical challenges and motivated by reaching great results, which will help you prospering.