Do you have a passion for sustainability, financial markets, and macroeconomics? Join the SEB Equity Sales sustainability team!
Working as a ESG Equity Analyst and participating in SEB’s International Trainee Programme will give you a unique opportunity to develop your professional skills in a modern and innovative company.
In your role in Investment Banking, you are an important player forming a competency center for ESG – Environmental, Social and Governance – analysis at Equity Sales. This is an important step for SEB in meeting present and coming expectations from investors and portfolio managers looking for sustainable investments. There is a transformation in today’s society with a shift to sustainable business where the banking industry has a significant role concerning capital flows.
As a trainee at SEB you will get the opportunity to develop an extensive network, gain a deep understanding of the financial industry and be professionally and personally challenged.
We offer you:
- A nine months trainee programme, starting September 2022, designed for professional and personal development
- Real business challenges to solve with other participants in the Trainee and Tech programmes, where you can create value and make a difference for SEB´s business and organisation
- The opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (due to ongoing pandemic the amount of travel and exchanges might be affected. The Trainee programme will follow the bank´s travel policy and restrictions regarding Covid- 19.)
- After completing the program, our goal is to offer you a full-time job in the role you have been accepted for
The SEB Equity Sales team aims to provide the industry´s best investment advisory to their clients on Nordic equities. In your role as ESG Equity Analyst you have a clear focus on analysing corporates with a sustainable perspective as an integrated part of the fundamental equity research. You will be involved in developing the framework and model of the sustainability analysis as well as performing analysis. The customer-centric approach and the encouragement of an entrepreneurial mindset are trademarks of SEB and is a clear guidance in the daily work. To understand the client´s business in depth from a sustainability point of view there is a need for a thorough understanding. Both of their business models, processes and how it affects the environment in all different aspects.
The primary clients are large institutional investors such as pension funds and hedge funds, and similar institutions throughout the Nordics, UK, Europe and key regions in Asia. The Equity Sales team provides clients with research ideas to support them in their mission to create a return on capital. You will have two colleagues in the sustainability team and together you will support the whole Equity Sales team with your in-depth knowledge. You will be a speaking partner with colleagues as well as clients when it comes to sustainability issues.
Your future manager, Johan Nyquist, describes the work at Equity Sales:
"This is a unique opportunity to become part of a dynamic analysis team that supports our customers to create a more sustainable return."
We are looking for you with passion for business and a changing environment. We like you to challenge us, now and for the future.
We are looking for you who:
- Have an academic degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent, with a specialisation in sustainability
- Have graduated before programme start or within the last five years
- It is meritorious if you have some work experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swedish
It is a plus if you have experience leading projects, working with customer service or other service areas and studying or working abroad. An interest in financial markets, macroeconomics and sustainability is essential to thrive in this role.
You have excellent analytical skills and understand the value in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis to generate insights. You are a person who takes initiative and confidently drive your work forward with a curious mindset. Since you will collaborate with several stakeholders and have both internal and external dialogues, it is important that you have good communication skills and enjoy working with others.
Welcome to SEB!