Are you a peoples person interested in investments? Apply to this exciting role at the SEB Asset Management team in Stockholm!
Working as a Junior Investment Director and participating in SEB’s International Trainee Programme will give you a unique opportunity to develop your professional skills in a modern and innovative company.
In your role at Institutional Asset Management, you will provide client advisory and portfolio management services to large institutional clients in Sweden. As a Junior Investment Director, you will start a journey with a goal of managing some of SEB Group’s key accounts. Join us in our customer-centric approach and our entrepreneurial mind-set, reflected in our daily work!
As a trainee at SEB you will get the opportunity to develop an extensive network, gain a deep understanding of the financial industry and be professionally and personally challenged.
We offer you:
- A nine months trainee programme, starting September 2022, designed for professional and personal development
- Real business challenges to solve with other participants in the Trainee and Tech programmes, where you can create value and make a difference for SEB´s business and organisation
- The opportunity to work for SEB abroad in connection with the programme (due to ongoing pandemic the amount of travel and exchanges might be affected. The Trainee programme will follow the bank´s travel policy and restrictions regarding Covid- 19.)
- After completing the program, our goal is to offer you a full-time job in the role you have been accepted for
The Institutional Asset Management team is responsible for the portfolio management of the bank´s institutional clients. As a trainee you will take part of the discretionary and advisory portfolio management, learning the profession step by step. Engaging with customers, building trust and professional relationships, is an important part of the job in growing current business as well as identifying new prospects. Reporting to clients concerning their investments and the SEB product offering will be part of your daily work as well as being involved in projects, analysis and responding on RFP´s.
You will work in a highly competent and experienced team with an outstanding reputation in the asset management area. You will be based in Stockholm and have frequent interactions with international colleagues from all around the world.
Your future manager, Christian Thålin, describes the work at SEB Asset Management:
"With a broad range of high-quality products covering all asset classes from low-risk money market funds to alternative asset classes including private equity funds and fixed income hedge funds, we offer Advisory or Discretionary Portfolio Management to our largest clients on managing and ultimately shift their capital in the right direction. Work with us to enhance the strategic dialogue with our core customers."
We are looking for you with passion for business and a changing environment. We like you to challenge us, now and for the future.
We are looking for you who:
- Have an academic degree in Finance or Economics, preferably with a focus on macroeconomics
- Have graduated before programme start or within the last five years
- It is meritorious if you have some work experience
- Fluent in written and spoken Swedish and English
It is a plus if you have experience leading projects, working with customer service or other service areas and studying or working abroad.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you are ambitious, prestigeless and curious to learn with strong relationship-building and communication skills. You are a highly motivated individual with an analytical mindset and an understanding of, and interest in, financial markets and macroeconomics. For a gender-balanced team we encourage female applicants.
Welcome to SEB!