Do you like to analyze and negotiate commercial contracts? We are now offering an assignment within procurement and sourcing!
We are now looking for a Strategic Project Purchaser who will strengthen ours client´s Supply Chain team. You will be responsible to drive the procurement - and sourcing processes for specific technical modules.
Our client work with yards, ship owners, and naval architects as partners in our effort to reduce maritime emissions and drive the change towards a greener maritime industry. These partners share our ambition of ensuring a healthy planet for future generations. Welcome with your application today!
We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a market-leading, innovative and global company focused on green technologies for commercial vessels. In an open and inspiring environment, their contribution can make a difference.
Their organization is made up of more than 200 colleagues in four countries across the world, our offices are located in Norway, Sweden, Poland, and China. Our client provide great potential for personal and professional development. Attracting the best candidates is a key focus for them in order to continue to develop and grow the company.
The strategic purchaser will be responsible to drive procurement projects - and sourcing processes for specific technical modules. Main responsibilities will be to:
- Negotiate and select strategic suppliers based on total cost - optimizing cost, quality, delivery and features.
- Drive contract negotiations to signature
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with international long-term key suppliers.
- Control and follow up quality at the suppliers manufacturing sites during production.
- Cooperate closely with project managers, engineers, quality engineers and other internal disciplines.
- Develop pricing and negotiation methods for various agreements, consulting agreements, master services agreements, trial agreements, statements of work, and change orders.
- Secure a long-term cost and quality improvement plans with suppliers
- Contribute to department processes
Our client has a modern office located in Gothenburg with good connections to public transportation. They operate internationally, and the role can also include some business travel to suppliers/manufacturers and shipyards in Asia and Europe. We will start our selection process immediately and please make sure to submit your CV in English.
The assignment will start as soon as possible and is estimated for long term, at least for 6 months. Initially you will be employed by TNG but we also looking for you who are interested in working as an interim consultant.
As an employed consultant by TNG, of course you are covered by collective agreements, insurance, and wellness grants.
- Extensive experience in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or Procurement with drafting, reviewing, analyze and negotiating a wide range of agreements including international EPC contracts.
- Good negotiation skills and understanding of the negotiation process, particularly as it relates to subcontract/vendor management.
- University degree in supply chain, engineering, business administration, or equivalent related field.
- Very good technical knowledge and understanding hydraulics/steel moving parts/bearings/electronics is an advantage).
- Knowledge of general corporate business practices, commercial contracting regulations and principles, and subcontracting/vendor management practices.
- Experience of working within Maritime or Shipping industry is an advantage.
As a person, you have the ability to meet business-driven deadlines and commitments while maintaining a high level of quality and professionalism. To enjoy this position, you prefer to work in a fast-paced international environment where you can use your solution-oriented ability and critical thinking to contribute and develop ways of working.
You have a strong ability to take ownership and responsibility to drive your work forward, both independently and in cooperation with others. To be successful in this position we also see that you have strong communication skills, emotional intelligence and have a strong ability to build and maintain relations with different stakeholders You also are fluent in English – verbal and written.