Test Development Engineer for II-VI Swedish operations at Finisar
Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-growing and world-leading company in optical communications and sensors? We develop and manufacture advanced optoelectronic integrated circuits (semiconductor lasers and modulators) for data rates in the hundreds of Gbit/s. Do you have previous experience in the design, develoment and/or testing of optical components? As a development engineer with us at II-VI (two-six / Finisar), you get the opportunity to work at a company with the entire production and development chain, from semiconductor substrate to finished test product. Welcome to a company with unique technical expertise, nice and committed colleagues and a strong and positive future.
II-VI´s practice is to treat every employee as a responsible person, where we together develop a spirit of teamwork in order to achieve a common goal. We offer you an important role in a forward-looking and fast-growing company operating within a global market which prides itself on its four core values: Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability and Respect. In our knowledge-intensive R&D team, consisting of engineers and scientists, you will work with experienced and committed colleagues, in an international, high-tech environment, where technology is at the forefront.
Your main responsibilities:
- Represent the Product Development Test Team in design and planning of new test setup, including hardware requirements as well as control, characterization and verification test software development activities.
- Software and algorithm development for the automated test, control and characterization of our optoelectronic components from product development through to manufacturing.
- Participate in performance requirement reviews and contribute to the drafting of product specifications.
- Continuous review, improvement and formal release of control, characterization and verification-related updates in line with requirements throughout the component development and manufacturing phases such as: specification changes, algorithm/software improvements or bug fixing, new site deployment support, test time reduction.
- Provide and maintain documentation for all test software projects as well as the corresponding hardware setup, where applicable.
The role requires that you work with several development projects in parallel. You will collaborate daily with engineers in various disciplines such as: Chip Design, Wafer Fabrication Process Engineering, Operations, Quality and Reliability, Project Management. You will also have contacts with engineers in our international manufacturing sites. The ability to develop and maintain internal and external contacts as well as participate in knowledge transfer both within and between teams will be of high importance.
We are looking for you who have a master´s or doctoral degree in technology or science with a focus on software development, optoelectronics, electronics or physics. You have experience of software development in an object-oriented programming language, eg. C#, C++ or Java. You have knowledge in the design of test set-ups for optical communication / semiconductors including instrumentation. Furthermore, the role requires that you have some experience in numerical methods and processing via software tools such as Matlab, JMP or Python, for example. You are fluent in English in both speech and writing.
To be successful in the role you have to be responsible and demonstrate initiative. You are used to working in complex projects, systematically and towards set goals. You are quality conscious, creative and innovative and find solutions both inside and outside the traditional approaches. In order to thrive, you should also be interested in development issues, world-wide monitoring of the latest in new technology and innovation. You have a good communicative ability and you are good at networking and creating good relationships. It is also important that you you thrive on being the link between hardware and software development, have experience of integrating the two disciplines and are good at creating optimal infrastructure for integration processes.