Join us at II-VI (formerly Ascatron) on our journey to transform the elec-tronic industry with our SiC power semiconductors!
To meet the global market need for our innovative SiC products, we are expanding our R&D and production team in Kista, Stockholm with an experienced Application Engineer. Here you will transform the electronic industry by providing customer support in the system implementation of our unique power devices based on advanced SiC epitaxy material technology.
With your knowledge in power electronic semiconductors and circuits, you will manage device application modeling and system performance demonstrations, to help us disrupt the automotive, IT, and energy sector towards a more sustainable future.
With a history as a small start-up and now part of a global tech company, we offer you an innovative environment with state-of-the-art technology. Here you will:
- Make a difference! There is no "this is how we have always done". Instead, we promote innovation, trial-and-error, and learn from every prototype, experiment, and discovery.
- Work with experienced and committed colleagues, who collaborate, share best practices, knowledge, and support each other.
- Implement research into real products that will be manufactured and sold worldwide.
- Contribute to a more sustainable future! Our SiC technology minimize energy loss in power electronic used in electric vehicles, solar energy or industry.
Your main responsibility will be to manage the development of power electronic applications with II-VI´s SiC power semiconductors. This means:
- Manage customer support in system implementation of SiC power semicon-ductors.
- Investigate target customer demands.
- Setup device specifications with datasheets.
- Take ownership of device application modeling, and system performance demonstration.
- Support customer implementations and write application notes.
- Document progress reporting and instructions for example quality-, develop-ment-, and delivery reports.
- Presentations for internal and external use.
The role requires that you can manage several projects at the same time. You will collaborate daily with engineers in disciplines such as Design, Operations, Test, Quality and Reliability, and Project Management. In addition, you will have several external contacts. The ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships, and participate in knowledge transfer within and between teams, will be of high importance.
This is a full-time position, and you report to the Team Leader Device Development.
To be successful in this role you should be a driven, innovative problem solver, with a strong customer focus, and an ability to collaborate in teams and create long-term relationships.
We are looking for a person with a master´s degree in Electronics or Engineering Physics, and at least 10 years of experience from the electronic industry. In addition, you have deep knowledge of power electronic semiconductors and circuits. It is an advantage if you have experience with power device testing and SiC technology. Furthermore, the role requires that you be fluent in written and spoken English.